About this Resource
What is it?
One-stop easy access to authoritative information in all major areas of science and technology.
How Does it Work?
Comprehensive search results across content type and media: articles, news, dictionary entries, multimedia, graphics, biographies, bibliographic entries, authors, and even Q & A.
You can also search by keywords, topics, content types, or browse A to Z.
Where do I go to find it?
From the library website, click Research a Topic / Take me quickly to...
The interface supports all standards-compliant browsers, such as Internet Explorer 7, Safari, or Firefox 2. Users of older browsers may find some pages that deviate from the optimized design. However, the site will retain functionality with these browsers as much as possible.
Audio & Video
The animations and video presentations on AccessScience will play natively within your browser using an embedded Adobe® Flash Player. Adobe Flash Player is the high-performance, lightweight, highly expressive client runtime that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones, and devices.
- 9,000 vetted articles from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia and Yearbooks of Science and Technology written by leading experts in their fields
- Biographies of more than 2,000 well-known scientists through the ages
- More than 100,000 terms from the McGraw-Hill Dictionaryof Scientific and Technical Terms
- Videos, animations, explorations, image galleries, charts, and more than 16,000 illustrations
- Science and technology news feed from Science News
- A study center with Q&As, AP Study Guides, and essay topics
Great stuff you can learn using AccessScience:
- Who coined the term Computer Bug? (See biography of Grace Hopper)
- What are white dwarf stars? (See Astronomy & Space Science: Stars, The Galaxy)
- When did Einstein publish his theory of relativity? (1915 - See Physics: Relativity)
- Where is the largest volcano? (On Mars – Keyword search)
- How is milk kept from spoiling? (See Food Science & Technology: Pasteurization)
Follow AccessScience on www.Twitter.com/AccessScience to get news and updates.
- Last Updated Jan 25, 2013
55 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 27, 2012
158 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 22, 2012
31 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 8, 2012
99 views this year
- Last Updated May 13, 2013
650 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 2, 2012
246 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 9, 2012
14 views this year