About this Resource
What is it?
A web-based service with both reporting and mapping tools. Find extensive consumer household, market segmentation, and demographic data to use with GIS mapping. The powerful mapping capability will reveal trends, patterns, and opportunities often hidden in tabular data. Create a host of reports and maps and have them emailed to you.
How Does it Work?
Use the Express Login option or set up a private account to store maps and reports. Note: Reports and maps are sent to the email address of the registrant when you set up My Account. Reports and maps are NOT sent under an Express Logon; instead, you must save your reports during your session.
Tip: For details on Market segmentation/Tapestry reports, download the Tapestry Data Manual.
Where Do I Begin?
Site: create a site study area
Area: create an area study using a standard geographical unit such as a county, city, or ZIP Code.
2. Decide on your objective:
- Evaluating Sites and Analyzing Markets
- Profiling Customers
- Scanning New Markets
- Determining Market Penetration
- Reaching Your Customers
- Developing, Planning, and Analyzing Franchise Territories
3. Visualize Opportunities - create literally thousands of maps to visualize the data in the reports: 4. Apply Results
Create better informed marketing and sales plans, targeting media and direct mail campaigns by applying the report and map results to your efforts. Help your product and service offerings evolve to meet the needs of your customers and prospects.
Where do I go to find it?
Visit the library website: library.arlingtonva.us
click Research then Premium Sites and select BusinessDecision
Reports and Maps That Can Help You
• Identify household buying patterns
• Create and analyze trade areas
• Analyze competitors
• Evaluate market penetration
• Identify new store locations
• Target messaging, media buys, and direct mail campaigns
• Find new customers and reach them more effectively
• Reveal untapped markets
• Select the right merchandise mix
• Expand into appropriate new markets
BusinessDecision is very flexible and has no preferred web browser.
Note: It usually takes about one to three minutes for the reports and maps to be completed and viewed. Drive-time reports take a little longer. The greater the number of maps and reports the longer it takes.
Refresh your browser frequently when reports and maps are being processed. While BusinessDecision is designed to automatically refresh the screen, due to the numerous browser configurations, a manual refresh may be needed.