About this Resource
What is it?
Library cardholders have direct access to product and service "Ratings and Recommendations" from Consumer Reports magazine.
General OneFile Provides this access:
Index coverage: January 1, 1999 - Current
Full-text coverage: January 1, 1999 - June 1, 2009
(Choose Search by publication)
Make better purchasing decisions using product reviews, ratings, news and comparisons from Consumer Reports magazine. Plus a searchable 4-year archive of Ratings. NOTE: ConsumerReports Health Online is not included in the library subscription.
Fnd in-depth advice, tips and trends written by Consumer Reports experts. Frequently updated articles, blogs and videos give you the latest consumer news.
Searchable sections include:
- Home & Garden
- Babies & Kids
Best viewed by the following browsers and operating systems:
- IE 7 or IE 8
- IE 9 - please refer to Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility View
- Firefox 3.5 or later
- Google Chrome Note: If you encounter problems viewing PDF files using Google Chrome, please click here for additional assistance
- Safari 4 (MAC)
Your browser must also accept cookies
PDF Viewing and Downloads
PDF viewer or software plug-in required
- For PCs using the IE or Firefox browser: Adobe PDF Reader
- For PC or Mac using the Chrome browser: Adobe PDF viewer recommended
Downloading PDF newspaper articles with the Chrome PDF viewer is not compatible with ProQuest. To use the Chrome browser to access Newspapers by ProQuest you may opt to to disable the Chrome PDF viewer and revert to Adobe Reader to view PDFs. Simply type "about:plugins" into the address bar, find the "Chrome PDF Viewer," and click "Disable." Then enable the Adobe Reader plugin.
- For Mac using Firefox: PDF Plugin for Firefox on Mac OS X
- For Mac using Safari: Schubert|it PDF Browser Plugin