About this Resource
What is it?
A comprehensive source of business and investment data and analysis on companies, stocks and mutual funds. Includes online versions of standard S&P publications: The Outlook, Bond Guide, Earnings Guide, Stock Guide, Stock Reports, and Daily Price Record.
How Does it Work?
You can focus on the area which fits your needs
- investment Decisions
- Company Research
- Historical Stock Prices
Download a detailed User Guide
Once you have conducted a search, you can export the data on companies, bonds, funds, or stocks into a spreadsheet program. See export tips
Where do I go to find it?
From the library website, click Research then choose S & P NetAdvantage from the menu at left.
Stocks - Use the Stock Screener to retrieve research and commentary on over 10,000 publicly traded companies.
Daily Price Record - a database containing historical and current pricing data for securities traded on the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, and American Stock Exchange. Note: Stocks pricing data is available from 1984 to present.
Mutual Funds/ETFs - Reports on over 14,000 Mutual Funds - with the proprietary STARS ranking system - The Fund Screener allows you to find funds that match a variety of investment criteria. Mutual Funds data is available from 1998 to present.
The Outlook - Standard & Poor's premier investment advisory newsletter.
S&P Indices - S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400, S&P SmallCap 600
CreditWeek Focus - credit analyses and ratings trends.
Financial Education - Find articles, tools and calculators to increase your finanacial literacy.
Note: the Library's subscription does not include:
Industry Surveys, Global Industry Surveys, Directories, Corporation Records, Register - Executives and Directors, Register - Private Companies, Register - Public Companies, Security Dealers of North America, Sub-Industry Reviews, or S & P Statistical Service.
Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows 7igh-speed internet connection is best
- Latest versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox
Macintosh System Requirements
- MacOS 8 or higher
- Use your browser’s print command to print reports, clicking on Printer Friendly at the top of the page to format.
- For PDFs, use the print command in Adobe Acrobat.
- Use the Save As command in your browser to save reports to your computer’s hard drive or to your portable storage device.
- NetAdvantage does not have an email function. To email reports, save them as described above and attach the file to your email in another window.
- You have an Arlington Public Library Card and you have a PIN
- Your account has not expired and has no excessive fines and fees
- Effective June 25, 2014: Don't Login in to your Library Account first - go directly to the Research Portal
- To enter your Library Card Number and PIN. Usernames are not accepted
- To type all 14 digits of your library card number, no spaces or dashes