Tip: 7/11/14: Use the Company Name/Ticker Symbol box as the easiest way to locate the latest Value Line report for a company. Be sure to select the matching company name from the drop down list, as you type. Then click on "PDF Report" at the far right margin
About this Resource
What is it?
The Value Line Research Center provides online financial information about large and mid-cap U.S. public companies, including forecasted projections, market performance, analyst consensus, beta, key ratios, business description, and commentary on current operations and future prospects. Provides model portfolios to illustrate effect of varying investment strategies. Also find company news, extensive graphing, market updates, portfolio tracking with alerts, and and stock screening tools.
How Does it Work?
Please Note: Most Value Line customization features are not available in our Library subscription. No changes can be made under the "Settings" option. However once you are connected to Value Line, you may drag and drop modules and columns, to hide or display individual modules - this formatting only lasts until the end of your session.
Where do I go to find it?
From the library website, click Research then choose Value Line from the menu at left.
How to Navigate the New Value Line Site - 7/18/14
IMPORTANT: You will NOT need a Value Line Login and Password to sign in from the Library website. Please note this video mentions features not available from our Library subscription, such as alerts and watchlists.
Find these resources from the "Dashboard" under "Quick Links"
VLIS (Value Line Investment Survey) Current Issue
One of the most widely used independent investment information services in the world, with coverage of some 1,700 equity issues. Every week, about 135 stocks in seven or eight industries are covered.
VLIS - The digital version is available under the Dashboard in the Quick Links box. There is no PDF of the entire issue from the online platform.
- "Summary & Index" provides a key to locating the latest quarterly reports and cites the most recent data on each of the tracked stocks.
- "Selection & Opinion" features Value Line's views on the economy, the stock market and stocks of special interest, model portfolios, and economic and stock-market statistics
- "VLIS Rank Changes" are the stocks whose Timeliness or Performance ranks have changed for the week,as listed by date.
Contains analysis and evaluation of over 700 convertible issues and nearly 120 warrants, as well as buy and sell recommendations, full-page reports on recommended securities, and news on companies in the service.
Daily Options Survey
Daily evaluations and ranks on over 130,000 options, on about 2,000 stocks, and 11,000 longer-term options (LEAPS).
A monthly newsletter which provides commentary and analysis on the mutual funds covered by Value Line. Each issue of the Fund Advisor timely articles covering a range of topics and specific industry sectors, plus updates of foreign and domestic equity and bond market information. Note: for more information on mutual funds you may also want to try the Morningstar Investment Research Center.
Fund Advisor Plus
Commentary on select mutual funds. Value Line tracks about 20,000 mutual funds, with access to each fund’s key statistics in the Fund Advisor.
SMC (Small and Mid-Cap) Summary & Index (Weekly)
See Industries in Alphabetical Order, plus Stocks—a complete list with Prices, Performance, Technical and Safety Ranks, Betas, and last 12 months earnings.
SMC Rank Changes
Lists the stocks whose Timeliness or Performance ranks have changed for the week, as listed by date.
Special Situations Service
For investors seeking investment ideas in the small-cap arena that span the range from aggressive to income oriented. Find the Monthly Report plus new recommendations..
The Library's online subscription does not include:
Historical Archives, Value Line Select, Dividend Select or the Exchange Traded Funds(ETF) Survey.
For Historical Stock details, we suggest Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
For ETF information, try Morningstar Investment Research Center
Find the Current Investment Survey Report
After Logging in with your Card number and PIN - click on DASHBOARD from the Value Line site banner.
Next, click on VLIS Current Issue from the "QUICK LINKS" box at right. Note: There is no longer a PDF of the entire issue from the online platform.
Now you can view lists of companies with either Analyst coverage, SMC Featured, or Commentary Updates - then click a company name, and select its "PDF Report" from the upper right margin.
To see an Industry report
Enter a company name or ticker from your desired industry into the “Quote” searchbox and select the matching name. From the company online report, scroll down to “ VALUE LINE PDF REPORTS” and choose Industry, date and year from the menu options.
High-speed internet connection preferred
- Recent versions of Internet Explorer (Version 10+), Chrome (v. 30+), Safari (v. 5.1+), or Firefox (v. 24+)
- If you can’t access parts of our website using Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), try enabling Compatibility Mode.- Another option is to use a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
- Tablet or smart phone users will automatically be directed to the mobile website To switch to the full site, simply choose the "Go to full site" link in the webpage footer. On your tablet, the full site offers you the best experience – it’s optimized to perform well on most popular tablets
Download a Tip Sheet
Using Value Line Data
- You have an Arlington Public Library Card and you have a PIN
- Your account has not expired and has no excessive fines and fees
- Effective June 25, 2014: Don't Login in to your Library Account first - go directly to the Research Portal
- To enter your Library Card Number and PIN. Usernames are not accepted
- To type all 12 or 14 digits of your library card number, no spaces or dashes. Be sure to enter “2020″ before older card numbers less than 12 digits